Monday, August 4, 2008

Will Walmart respect you in the morning? Hardly. Another WTF moment.

A previous post took GM to task for trying to spin a cut in the Saab warranty length as a way to "better compete with our competitors".
Now Walmart's done the "doublespeak shuffle". In a story from consumerist.com they've laid off 3000 Sam's Club managers. Why? "To improve customer service"(!!!!) Yes, that's a quote. How can laying off 3000 people improve service from a company known for poor service and staffing stores at sub-skeleton levels?
All I know is this. Walmart has always had a healthy contempt for their customers, and to actually claim that 3000 fewer people could improve service is beyond galling. The only things improved are their bottom line and my utter disgust at this company.
Why do I hate them? Not for the reasons you'd think. I have no issue with their pay scales, benefits and such...they're fairly competitive. My problem is no one in any store I've ever been in seems to know anything about anything. The answer to everything is "let me get a manager" or "I don't know". They call for a manager and no one comes. Quick story...I went into the Tilton NH store to buy a LCD computer monitor. They had an open box model on their clearance shelf. It had 3 different price labels on it. 3 different people couldn't tell me what the right price was or even why there were different prices on it. Not even the so-called manager had enough brains to figure out this conundrum. I left and haven't been back...about 2 1/2 years now. There are more than enough fucking idiots in the world without me having to subsidize them.

No comments: