Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cut the cheese, go to jail.

Recently I posted about police officers who have little if any respect for the people they supposedly protect. If I do 75mph on a highway I'm treated like I mugged the President, ticketed, and then made to sit through a preachy doublethinkful (read Orwell's 1984) roadside soliloquy about safe driving. Police, however can travel at any speed they like even when off duty or on routine patrol. Who's going to ticket them?
Contempt toward others and the feeling of superiority that comes with a badge is a toxic combination.
Allow me to tell you about 34 year old Jose Cruz. He was stopped for drunk driving and taken to the Kanawha County VA station to be processed. So far so good.
Mr. Cruz then farts and fans it toward officer T.E. Parsons as they sit in an interrogation room. Officer Parsons then decides he's a far more valuable member of society than everyone else and tacks onto Mr. Cruz another charge. What could it be, you ask?
Battery on a police officer. No, I'm not kidding. I wish I was. The mind boggles as to how self-important one armed idiot can be. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed as the Kanawha county prosecutor dropped the charge. I'll bet my next paycheck Officer Parsons faces no discipline for this incident. Mr. Cruz still faces DUI charges. I hope they convict the SOB...and he doesn't fart in court.

No comments: